Statement Of Client Rights And Responsibilities
At the New Jersey law firm of Jennifer D. Armstrong, LLC, we work with you to provide clear answers to your questions. We know that in order to make good decisions you need to be provided all of the relevant information. If you are ever unclear as to your next best steps, what your rights are or how we can help, simply ask. We are here to help.
Your Rights As Our Client
- To have your attorneys diligently advocate your interests within the bounds of the law and legal ethics.
- To have the fee arrangement fully and completely explained prior to entering into any agreement for services.
- To have a written retainer agreement describing the financial terms of the relationship between you and the attorney.
- To refuse to enter into an unacceptable fee arrangement or modification of a fee arrangement.
- To know which attorney will be primarily be responsible for your matter and all other legal staff who will be working on the matter, as well as the fees for these individuals.
- To be provided bills on a regular basis, with itemized charges and time spent on each activity relating to your case.
- To be informed and present at any court proceeding involving your case unless otherwise directed by the court.
- To be provided copies of all documents presented to the court by any party in your matter unless otherwise ordered by the court.
- To reasonable access to your attorneys, in-person or by phone.
- To make the final decision as to whether, when and how to settle your case.
What We Expect Of You As Our Client
- To provide full and accurate information to your attorneys regarding their matter.
- To make yourself available regarding their matter and to respond reasonably to requests from their attorneys.
- To promptly advise your attorneys of any change in their lives that might affect your case.
- To pay for legal services rendered on your behalf under the retainer agreement.
- To diligently review all bills submitted by your attorneys and to raise any objections about billing within a reasonable time.
- To refrain from improper behavior, such as to delay the proceeding or intentionally increase costs to the opposing party.
- To seek not to use your attorneys for any improper means.
- To recognize and be responsible for the costs associated with any action initiated or requested by you.
- To provide sufficient time for your attorneys to explain to you the financial costs and other consequences of any potential action in your case and to reasonably consider the advice of your attorneys.
Providing Maximized Results For The Services You Need
If you have questions about the family law and estate planning services we provide and how we can help, please email us or call the firm. We will clearly explain the process and your options. For over a decade Jennifer D. Armstrong, LLC has been dedicated to providing clients proven and skilled legal assistance and guidance. Call us toll free at: 888-371-4158. Located in Toms River we serve clients throughout the surrounding communities.